Sabira Ståhlberg, PhD, is an independent scholar, writer, editor, translator, interpreter, publisher and author of more than thirty books in several genres and languages. Sabira writes polyglot poetry and prose, multicultural cookbooks, Easy to Read books and children’s books, and creates videos about and in many languages.
Sabira’s scholarly work includes scientific articles and non-fiction books on multilingualism and multiculturalism (among many other topics ranging from history and Asian studies to ethnobiology), as well as artistic reflections on polyglot writing. She is also a member of the LangueFlow team and has initiated the Multea roundtable for scholars on literary multilingualism.
- Polyglotta Sabirica (poetry)
- Polyglorica+ (with German translation)
- Polyglotta Sabirica inglisch (with English translation)
- Wan Sun (poetry about the Anthropocene)
- MoonSoon Mišmaş (mixed genres on/in multiple languages) – coming soon!
- Molnvandraren, Pilvivaeltaja, Wolkenwanderer, Странстваща с облаците (novel)
- Dog weather on the Black Sea, Hundewetter auf dem Schwarzmeer, Hundväder på Svarta havet, Koiran elämää Mustallamerellä (children’s book)
Portrait of Sabira Ståhlberg. Collaboration between the artist Ivan Liotchev and children at The ArtsCenter, Carrboro, North Carolina, USA.